The initiative has originated in Australia and has received a favourable response from Greeks around the world who intend to replicate the idea in their communities.
Here are some suggestions on how you can make this initiative a success.
• We can greet each other in Greek eg. Καλημέρα, καλησπέρα κλπ.
• We can listen to / sing Greek songs
• We can ring grandparents and talk to them in Greek
• We can use our smart phones to remind us to use Greek
• We can read Greek books/ folk stories etc
• We can watch Geek movies
• On weekends we can communicate only in Greek
• When communicating with people in Greece we can use Greek
• We can play traditional Greek games
• We can shop from Greek shops where we use Greek
• We can cook Greek dishes and discuss their ingredients
• We can eat at Greek restaurants where we order in Greek
• We can teach our non-Greek speaking friends basic Greek phrases
• Students can communicate with students in other countries using Greek
Μιλήστε Ελληνικά το Μάρτιο!